Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Mangystau Province, Kazakhstan
Wood (trading locally as PSNK) is currently looking for a Lead PAS Designer to join our team in Tengiz. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements
Reports to the Site Engineering Manager.
Construction Engineering Support for Construction Management and Systems Completions (as needed basis).
Main purpose of the job:
Perform design / drafting work to create or update MAC project deliverables and documentation. Supervise and direct all Instrumentation & Control Systems design activities on site for the assigned project- Design team size to be determined. Perform and monitor all design, redline and CAD activities and work product to assure conformance with Company / Project specifications, governing codes, and good engineering practice. Establish drawing and design package requirements, project procedures and controls including a robust squad check and deliverable cross-check process. Plan track status of work to assure that every effort is made to meet the project schedule within the budgeted effort hours allotted while also delivering a quality product to the client.
- Ensure that the technical content of all assigned design deliverables meet quality expectations; ensure drawings and designs are produced within the assigned timeframes; raise any gaps or potential problems for resolution immediately upon identification.
- Responsible for developing project deliverables, and spot checking the output of other site team designers when assigned (team size to be determined).
- Check all MAC Construction, Engineering and third-party site contractor red lines are acceptable to MAC design requirements. Where not, will advise red line originators of correct solution (fully detailed) working with Interface team or Engineering to resolve issues.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the other disciplines as directed to ensure the smooth flow of all Control Systems design information and red line / as-built processes on the project task force, and to ensure alignment with project requirements.
- Assist with document preparation for procurement of construction material.
- Check that Material Requisitions are accurate and reflect scope of supply and that all correct reference procedures and specifications are issued to bidders and suppliers.
- Work with Asset Register (equipment tagging) team and Engineering to maintain up to date asset tag data and to resolve discrepancies or changes.
- Fully implement all applicable Project and company Technical Management of Change (MoC) procedures and protocols.
- Coordinate with MAC Atyrau Engineering and Design teams for work planning and exchange of documents, mark-ups (for change), red lines for as built, and documents for signature at the direction of Site Engineering Manager.
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical degree or relevant industry experience.
- 10-15 years' experience in Automation, Instrumentation and Controls engineering and design.
- Extensive experience as a package designer and checker.
- Fully compliant with construction sites safe working practices and behaviours.
- Document, Drawing and Data squad check and cross check
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge in Control, Fire & Gas and Safety Systems;
- Knowledge of HVAC and PLC, setup and integration;
- Instruments integration to Control Systems, PLC and others.
- Knowledge of relevant design guidelines and methodologies.
- Excellent communications skills in spoken and written English language.
- Self motivated and self-starter.
- Maintain synergy with the project team.
- Handle work pressure.
- Excellent working/personal relationships in a multicultural project environment. c
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.