Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lytton, Australia
Wood has a collaborative maintenance contract with Ampol to deliver leading maintenance services to their Lytton site.
We are currently seeking applications from E&I Maintenance Supervisors with significant experience in providing day-to-day supervision of Electrical & Instrumentation maintenance teams in the delivery of work to meet safety, operational reliability, quality, financial and productivity targets. The successful candidate will provide supervision of multiple activities and work groups ensuring consistency, efficiency and continuous improvement of delivery.
This is a Brisbane-based, permanent role requiring an immediate start. At this time, we will only accept applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
To be considered for this role you must have a minimum 3 years' experience as a supervisor in a heavy industry maintenance environment, along with relevant instrumentation qualifications (see below).
- Participation in the effective planning, scheduling and coordination of maintenance activities and refurbishment programs across site, completing work as required and ensuring service objectives are met within the required timeframes
- Ensuring duties are performed in line with both Wood's and Ampol's client HSE programs
- Delivering against contract KPIs and business objectives
- Foster and maintain a collaborative, high-performing and client-oriented culture of safety, continuous improvement and effectively lead Ampol workforce to support delivery of the contract's strategic objectives
- Understand, work to and ensure the compliance with the Ampol Permit to Work System
- Management of specialist services contractors to deliver maintenance plans as required.
Skills / Qualifications
S kills & Experience
- Previous supervisory experience within heavy industry, minerals or oil refining processing industries
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others in HSE principles and behaviours
- Proven ability to lead work teams and operate at multiple levels and disciplines
- Customer service skills - able to deliver services that are responsive to business needs and valued by our customers
- Ability to constructively work across all site departments
- Strong understanding of safety regulations and policies
- Ability to plan and prioritise work and work to set deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Financial awareness and where required the ability to manage budgets
- Experience preparing and assisting with performance reviews for EBA employees.
- Recognised Trade certificate and QLD Electrical trade licence is essential (Electrical Mechanic, Electrical Fitter/Mechanic, Instrumentation)
- Dual trade qualification in electrical/instrumentation is required, with a Cert III in Instrument and Control or Cert IV in Electrical - Instrumentation
- Cert IV in Hazardous Areas (EEHA) must be current within past 3 years, or be prepared to bring EEHA up-to-date
- Working knowledge o f SAP (preferred) or a similar system
- LVR/CPR required
- High voltage switching operations (desirable)
- Working at Heights and High risk EWP licence (desirable).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.