Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
ICT GENERAL TECHNICIAN (Offshore)
Primary Purpose of Job
The General Technician Telecommunications Services is to conduct, manage, and supervise implementation, operational and maintenance requirements of Telephony and Services related telecommunication systems infrastructure and maintaining a 24X7 availability and delivery of telecommunication related applications and services across the corporation. The incumbent will also have direct first level role in operation, management and technical support of related systems.
A minimum of secondary education or technical Diploma and 5 years of technical experience in the field of telecommunications, preferably related to Oil and Gas industry.
Experience & Skills
• Preferably technical training certifications in one or more areas of following technologies: Telephony, Radio Systems, SDH/DWDM, PAGA, CCTV, ACS and AV.
• Excellent knowledge in the area of structured cabling installation, termination, commissioning, and troubleshooting.
• Basic technical knowledge of telecommunication infrastructure core technologies, experience with telecommunication infrastructure hardware installations and configurations, knowledge of IP convergence systems and services, PTT-grade telecommunication systems, Radio and Satellite implementation and services, emerging infrastructure services, and general industrial-grade telecommunication technologies and systems.
• Advanced technical knowledge and experience in configuration and use of specialized telecommunication test sets and related applications for verification or troubleshooting of telecommunication infrastructure.
• Technical understanding of service providers' technologies and integration of telecommunication products and services.
• Strong personal computer office applications, verbal and communications skills.
• Technical hands-on knowledge and experience in implementation and operation of systems related to following technologies: PABX Telephony, SDH/PDH, DWDM, Microwave, Passive Infrastructure (Copper and Fibre cabling), Fibre Optics cables monitoring and NMS (Network Management System) and related systems.
• Technical knowledge and understanding of Telephony, SDH/PDH, DWDM, Microwave, Audio Visual system, Fibre Optics cables monitoring and NMS, solutions and related protocols, and solutions.
• Technical knowledge in video and CCTV systems, TCP/IP suite, SCADA, PAGA, and industrial telecommunications systems
• Support optimization and efficient use of resources across the department to improve delivery of telecommunication services
. • Ability to operate and complete assigned tasks on schedule across multiple diverse projects with common or unique ICT/telecommunication service requirements.
• Ability to collect, analyse and report relevant detailed telecommunication equipment technical logs, and data in reference to reported incidents.
• Apply technical solutions to resolve operational issues and incidents based on technical recommended procedures in a timely manner.
• Apply assigned technical recommendations and procedures as preventive or corrective measures for a 24X7 sustained fault-free operation and update of telecommunication systems and infrastructure.
• Regular interface with division engineers and peers for ensuring alignment of projects objectives, proper execution of assigned tasks and objectives on schedule.
• Regular contact with various QP Departments and technical staff to ensure compliance and alignment of assigned tasks and projects with defined deliverables under overall division objectives.
• Intermittent contact with QP subsidiaries, affiliates technical focal points related to provisioning of new services or operational requirements.
• Intermittent contact with internal and external auditors at request of supervisor to ensure transparency and enforce compliance with corporate policies and international standards.
• Frequent contact with external service provider(s) to commission requested telecommunication infrastructure or resolve issues related to ICT/telecommunication services.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa