United States of America - Texas, HoustonJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a Sr. Project Manager
to be based in Houston, Texas office.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
- As populations grow, so do demands for safe, expedient and cost-effective transportation. AECOM's Transportation business line partners with clients around the world to build, modernize and expand transportation projects that carry all of our communities into the future - safely and reliably.
- We use our extensive knowledge in planning, designing and managing transportation systems - as well as restoring and replacing aging infrastructure - to help our public and private clients find smarter, more advanced ways to move people across cities, countries and continents.
- Our integrated approach and social responsibility have earned us the trust of local municipalities, government agencies, commercial clients and public-private partnerships. Our expertise and global reach enable us to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients that pave the way for long-lasting benefits to society.
In this role, the Project Manager will manage a diversity of project sizes and serve as a Deputy Program Manager on large scale Design-Build projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- As Project Manager, manage all aspects of projects for roadway and civil engineering design projects.
- Work is accomplished autonomously on small/medium projects or portions of larger projects within established procedures and practices.
- Determine work priorities based on general direction from Managers.
- Provide leadership for the work group through knowledge in areas of specialization, coordinating work of others.
- May lead on or more teams in the delivery of work efforts that are often complex.
- Be involved in all project aspects from client meetings, design/study development and site/field visits during design and construction
Other responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies.
- Provides management and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, and a primary liaison between AECOM and client interface.
- Oversees and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Responsible for administering the project from budgeting/schedule stage through procurement and contract closeout. Position has significant profit/loss responsibility for assigned project.
- BA/BS + 6 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
What We Offer
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of previous design experience on transportation projects including Schematic Development and Preparation of Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E)
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Experience designing highway/roadway systems
- Experience with design software including MicroStation and GEOPAK and/or OpenRoads
- Familiar with MS Office 2010 software (Excel, Word, Project) is required to complete project communications
- Must be a team player
- TxDOT Pre-certifications
- Experience with Business Development/Client Relations
- Good communication skills.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.