Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Intermediate Environmental Professional - Scientist / Engineer . This is an exciting opportunity for experienced, environmental site assessment, remediation and environmental assessment professionals looking to further develop their career and work on unique and exciting projects.
This is a key position in our Winnipeg Environmental Group. The candidate will provide project management and technical support for our dynamic and growing environmental team. The Candidate will also provide client support on a number of project portfolios and key environmental program initiatives.
Typical duties may include:
- Project management.
- Coordinate Phase I / II Environmental Site Assessments and remediation projects including planning, utility locates, soil sampling and groundwater monitoring.
- Identify, assess and manage contaminated sites.
- Contribute to environmental assessment and permitting projects.
- Develop risk management strategies.
- Participate in the development of innovative solutions and research programs.
- Prepare technical reports, permits, and environmental assessments.
- Assess and prepare proposals.
- Business development.
- Client and regulatory liaison.
- Network with staff from other offices and participate in Wood's Technical Practice Program.
- Stay current in area of professional practice and become recognized as a specialist internally and externally.
- Optimize use of internal human and physical resources in order to deliver the highest quality products on time and on budget.
- Build strong and enduring relationships between Wood and its clients.
- Mentor and assist in the training and development of more junior staff.
Skills / Qualifications
- University graduate with a directly related degree in geoenvironmental or environmental engineering, geosciences or environmental science. An advanced degree and/or professional certifications are considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the environment industry conducting environmental site assessments and remediation projects, with at least 2 years of project management experience ranging from small to mid-size in scope.
- Knowledge and experience with the Manitoba and federal environmental site assessment regulatory environment. Saskatchewan regulatory knowledge is considered an asset.
- Experience preparing environmental permit applications and writing environmental assessments, including residual and cumulative effects analyses, is considered an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication (English).
- Familiarity with environmental software and modeling programs is an asset.
- Strong workplace safety practices and training.
- Class 5 driver's license.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Demonstrated word processing and computer skills.
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills, can take initiative, handle challenges, prioritize multiple tasks, and provide superior service to clients.
- Demonstrates a commitment to personal and professional career development.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.