Skills: Software Specialist, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. has a career opportunity for an Environmental Planner / GIS Specialist to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. Ideal candidates will have a BS degree in GIS, Geography, Planning, Environmental Science, or a related field. The desired candidate will be highly motivated and enthusiastic with a desire to grow professionally. This exciting opportunity offers a dynamic position in a multi-disciplined, team-oriented environment.
- Working in a team environment, supporting the development of emergency action plans and regulatory permitting documents.
- Provide research and writing tasks as necessary to support a wide range of planning tasks and overall plan development.
- Oversee data collection, organization, and documentation to support a variety of planning efforts.
- Stakeholder outreach including meeting scheduling, presentation development, and coordination efforts.
- Create figures and perform GIS analyses using ESRI products and remote sensing tools.
- Create maps and presentation graphics to convey project information.
- Perform site visits and field assessments.
- Will be approximately 60% environmental planning and 40% GIS work.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to keeping projects on time and within budget.
- Interface with clients, project stakeholders, and project managers.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Planning, GIS, Geography, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of educational and work experience with ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Pro).
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and capable of independent work, but demonstrated ability to work on project teams.
- Strong writing and document skills a must; strong MS Office skills, particularly related to large documents.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and experience with QA/QC and data analysis.
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Experience with ArcGIS Online and Web AppBuilder.
- Experience in Emergency Management
- Experience in regulatory permitting
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and Illustrator
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.