NESFircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Operator, is currently seeking a Construction Civil & Structural Coordinator for a site based contract in Fort McMurray. The role is working on a 8/6 rotation with flights (From Calgary and Edmonton) provided. This role is to starting April 12th- July 31st 2021.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in bid reviews as required for Major Projects.
- Participate in area constructability reviews as required.
- Review contractor Construction Execution Plans, schedules and manpower loading.
- Be familiar with contractor designs and scopes to ensure all required installation procedures and specifications are properly followed.
- Review and understand contractor modularization proposals and work with contractor to ensure installation interfaces with other units/groups are taken into account.
- Review and be familiar with contractor QC programs, and Inspection and Test Plans.
- Assist and expedite the interface coordination between Operations and EPC contractors.
- Monitor and control work completion as per schedule milestone dates and indicate deviations to construction superintendent.
- Act as Major Project's field construction coordinator for construction work packages.
- Monitor and report, construction manpower and equipment compliance to Client site specific and OH&S procedures.
- Verify construction progress and be cognizant of any scope changes which should be clearly indicated to the Construction Superintendent and to Project Controls.
- Monitor and participate in audits with safety specialists to ensure contractor safety compliance.
- Audit contractor punch-list procedures and participate in punch listing; be a member of the pre-commissioning and system turnover team.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS
- Grade 12 or GED is required, post secondary is preferred
- Civil construction background
- Construction Management Certificate or Trade Certificate is an asset
- 10+ years of experience in construction management is required, preferably in oil sands, oil and gas and/or large construction projects.
- Experienced in the civil and structural space
- Familiar working with large International Contractors/EPC firms is an asset
- Microsoft Office is required, Primavera is preferred
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.