Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Chemical Engineering, Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior-level CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Engineer with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the Energy industry. This role will be seated out of our Houston, TX office.
Reporting to the local CFD and Intelligent Operations managers, the Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Engineer will perform CFD projects and be responsible for executing the assigned scopes of work. She/He will also support the development of well-established CFD business in the Americas region.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience using CFD tools in either an academic or industrial environment, and should demonstrate strong knowledge in combustion and/or multiphase flow modelling.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for the execution of CFD related consultancy projects from proposal stage to delivery of final report maintaining high standards along with good Client satisfaction
- Proposal development and project management, including monitoring of projects with an emphasis on delivery, schedule, and efficiency tracking
- Liaise and work with other discipline leads in order to develop the CFD business both internally and externally
- Liaise with third parties and Clients, as required
- Ensure that design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of calculations in accordance with Wood's quality assurance procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor in Chemical Engineering or related field is required; advanced degrees (MSc, MEng or PhD) are preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years direct experience performing CFD simulations for Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry
- Must have experience with using Commercial CFD software, solid modelling and meshing for complex geometries
- Solid knowledge in the fundamentals of fluid mechanics, heat transfer and numerical modelling
- Solid understanding of the following:
- multiphase flows
- hydraulic modelling adn1D flow network modelling tools
- combustion phenomena in fired heater and other industrial applications
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English, with the ability to write high quality technical reports.
- Excellent organization skills, with the abilty to work independently and in a team environment
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong client relationships
- Must be a US Citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.