Skills: Physicist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has several junior to immediate, employment opportunities for an Aquatic Biologist in Ontario. The successful candidates will join our Aquatic Ecosystem Team of biologists working on a broad range of resource development projects across Canada.
The successful candidates will work within the aquatic sciences group under the supervision of the group lead. Primary responsibilities will be to provide support on a wide variety of projects as delegated by the lead biologists within the group.
- Conduct general and specific fisheries resources surveys (fish community, benthic invertebrate and sediment sampling, water quality sampling, area-velocity discharge measurements and fish habitat mapping)
- Data entry and analysis
- Data submissions to regulatory agencies
- Assisting with report and proposal preparation
Skills / Qualifications
- A technical diploma or University degree in biology/ecology
- Strong fish identification skills
- Field experience with fisheries resources surveys
- One (1) to five (5) years of experience
- A good understanding of fish habitat characterization principles and experience utilizing various fish collection gear (e.g., gillnets, minnow traps, backpack electrofishing, trap netting and seine netting)
- Willingness to work flexible hours including field work under a variety of conditions
- Strong computer, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Ontario, an asset.
- Experience in consulting sector, an asset.
- A good understanding of Federal and Provincial fisheries policies, legislation, and guidelines, an asset.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.