Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking for a Quality Lead for large scale environmental projects located in Port Hope, Ontario.
The projects will involve clean-up of historical waste, dredging and water treatment activities, retaining walls installation and monitoring. The succesuful candidate will perform, train and manage all of the associates job duties.
- Supports implementation and maintenance of ISO 9001:2015 QMS program at the project level
- Operates within corporate guidelines of Wood's Management System
- Periodically reviewing project plans, procedures and other client facing submittals to verify that quality requirements have been incorporated
- Ensure all personnel is trained and aware of the project QMS requirements
- Preparing and reviewing qualiy documents for internal use or Client approval
- Monitors the implementation of the approved site Quality Plan and associated quality procedures
- Coordinates with the customers representative on all quality matters
- Participates in the site internal and external site audits
- Coordinates all the quality site inspections through the site QC inspectors
- Coordinates all receipt inspections
- Coordinates all quality inspections and testing with the site subcontractors and vendors
- Ensure all quality control documentation is complied, approved for use and completed for as-built
- Ensure the safety is adhered to at site
- Assure all technical documents relative to site quality control are current status
- Track and document instances of opportunities for improvement, areas of concern and nonconformances, and undertakes remedial action
- Ensuring that sampling and testing are managed and performed as required
- Maintaining a QA/QC ITP for all tasks, subtasks, materials and processes
- Oversee supplier assessments (i.e., surveillance, inspections)
- Quality control of material handling and storage, including determining need for inspection, carrying out inspections and documentation.
- Ensuring project documentation is up to date and in compliance with Wood's document management system
- Reviewing QC documents such as field inspections reports, testing reports, equipment list, training matrix, project records are filed accordingly.
Skills / Qualifications
- College Diploma, coupled with five (5) to seven (7) years of project related experience
- Experience with ISO 9001:2015 standard
- Strong Microsoft Applications experience, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Leadership experience
- Strong communication and written skills (Reports neatly written, legible, and provide a good understanding of the conditions in the site for the day)
- Strong organizational skills, judgment, time management and flexibility
- Must be able to obtain Reliability Status Clearance, which requires an applicant to have lived in Canada for the past 5 years - Additional security clearances will include, criminal record check, police check and credit check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.