Sourcing Manager (Marketing category)
In this role You will:
- Act as the sourcing and category specialist of GBS Procurement in the given region towards Stakeholders, Category Team, suppliers and peers/colleagues
- Ensure effective information flow regarding the category strategy / mentorship, build positive relationship with relevant teams
- Contribute to the development of the respective category strategy from GBS Procurement side, incl. proactive influence on the demand
- Gather and analyze market intelligence data on a regular basis relative to supported categories and regions, to evaluate market and industry conditions
- Identify value levers and opportunities to improve value for bp in the marketplace
- Take a holistic view across regions or sub-categories and propose more efficient solutions
- Take an innovative approach, develop and lead continuous process improvement initiatives
- Lead high spend, complex, end-to-end sourcing projects as per business request, take full ownership and accountability for multiple assigned portfolio and related queries.
- Develop sourcing strategies, approach to market and source selection criteria
- Lead the supplier selection process, identify suppliers, ensure screening process completed, and coordinate the tendering process (RFI/RFP/Reverse eAuctions executed in Ariba system)
- Determine the appropriate contract template and develop the contract content based on the information contained in the Sourcing Strategy, sourcing event and/or detailed scope of work specifications
- Negotiate relevant contract terms with suppliers, within the defined parameters of legal and category guidance
- Raise any contract term exceptions per the deviation process, and run the approval process
- Lead the contract execution/signature process
- Support the development and generation of dashboards identified by GBS Procurement and Business Stakeholders, analyze and populate to an agreed schedule
- Drive and coordinate issue resolution in complex scenarios (incl. RCA) and propose improvement initiatives that result in long term solution
- Provide mentorship and professional guidance to his/her Direct Reports & wider Team
We have the following requirements:
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience is required (preferably in business studies)
- 8+ years of category specific sourcing experience in marketing, gained in a multinational environment
- In-depth knowledge of Marketing category is critical
- Team / people management experience
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin Chinese (or English plus additional Asian languages may mean an advantage)
- Solid understanding of navigating the supply market and supplier selection
- Validated experience with contract creation, negotiations and life-cycle management
- Previous experience in the Oil industry is an advantage
- Excellent time-management and task prioritization skills
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better - and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp's defined functional vision and location strategy.
Join our Sourcing Team and advance your career as a Sourcing Manager (Marketing Category)
The Sourcing Manager is responsible for managing various high spend and complexity sourcing projects in support of business objectives in the respective Marketing category. The role holder is expected to strategically consolidate demand, drive category specific discussions, develop supplier relationships and proactively identify value opportunities. This includes demand management, clarification of specifications and scope of work, development of the sourcing strategy and the approach to market based on predefined category strategies, source selection, contract negotiation, creation & maintenance and supplier management.
In addition to sourcing activities, the Sourcing Manager is also responsible to oversee execution of the category strategy across the Team and acting as single point of contact for the category within GBS Procurement. He/She supervises the execution of all sourcing activities in Marketing category, ensure that they are completed according to company processes, policies and regulatory requirements and within the approved systems.
The ideal candidate has proven knowledge of the spend category and marketplace, extensive experience in sourcing of services and commodities, knowledge of contracts and legal terms, sourcing strategy preparation, coupled with a strong commercial orientation, excellent communication, stakeholder management and people leadership skills.
Responsible for managing a team to deliver the approach and execution plan for strategic sourcing and supplier relationship management for the relevant category, including participation in the supplier management process from initial selection to effective integration, and coordination with the relevant areas on their sourcing requirements and expectations.