United States of America - Virginia, ArlingtonJob SummaryAECOM
is currently seeking a Safety Quality Assurance Officer (SQAA) to support current and upcoming projects in various locations in the United States. The majority of these assignments are typically 4-8 months in duration. The exact location of the assignments are determined as new projects are assigned. Candidates do not need to be local to project sites but will need to be available and willing to travel to project sites on short notices, typically within 7 days. Expenses are provided to candidates who are not local to a project's location.
Your interest and resume submission for this opportunity will be reviewed by our Talent Acquisition team for current and upcoming opportunities. As opportunities develop that matches your experience our TA team will contact you to determine you interest and availability for the project's location.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
About DCSA-Program and Project Management
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VICTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
As an industry leader in program and construction management, we partner with clients to support projects from concept to completion. From education, healthcare, transportation and water facilities to sports, leisure, cultural arts and other public gathering venues, we deliver on the promise of protecting our clients' interests as our own and building partnerships with the communities we serve.Job Description
AECOM is currently seeking a Safety Quality Assurance Officer to support projects in various locations across the United States. This person will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Observing, documenting and reporting related to the implementation of the approved Safety Plans prepared by the construction team.
- Assuring that the construction team meet or exceed the safety expectations.
- Ensuring the 29CFR part 1926, the OSHA Construction Safety Standards, applicable Federal EPA regulations and any applicable local and state regulations will be utilized as the baseline and foundation of the Safety Program implemented throughout the campus and project.
- Reviewing the Safety Program for conformance with applicable regulations, contract requirements and client requirements, providing an assurance process while working with and their site teams to close any gaps identified in the review of the Safety Programs.
- Observe and report on High Risk Activity planning meetings associated with project.
- High risk activity meetings to include but not be limited to live electrical work, lock out tag out, critical lifts, confined space entry, working at heights, excavations and use of hazardous materials.
- Observe and report to high risk activities permitting and permit compliance.
- Verify that the establish a process to check qualifications, training, and PPE of personnel performing the work are in compliance.
- Verify that incidents/injuries and near misses are reported, investigate and that timely corrective action to improve safety performance has been taken.
- Act in coordination by assisting efficient incident investigation.
- Act to stop unsafe work.
Safety Auditor Duties
- Conduct Safety Program reviews forongoing andfutureconstructionactivities.
- Engage with theproject management andexecutionteam toidentify safety risks inherenttotheworkof the construction team and develop mitigationstrategies.
- Conductwalk-aroundtoursoftheconstructionsiteandsupport areas (e.g., laydownyards,equipmentand materials storage),completedailyreportsofobservationsmade,andreporttoSite Representative(s).
- Other reporting tasksinclude completionofperiodicprogressreportsandupdates and completionofmonthlymetrics as requested in writing bytheSiteRepresentative(s).
- Complete surveys andmeasurementsrelatedtoconstructionhealthandsafetycomplianceandperformance as requested in writing bytheSiteRepresentative(s)
- Conductresearchontopicsrelatedtoconstruction health andsafetycomplianceandreportonresulting findings as requested in writing bytheSiteRepresentative(s)
- Participate in general contractor andsubcontractor safety meetingswithoutdirecting orcorrecting either.
- Reviewupdatestoexisting constructionhealthand safety plansdevelopedbythe construction team andreportdeficienciesidentifieddirectlytoSiteRepresentative(s).
- Experience in building constructionandcommissioning.
- Abilitytointeract with teamsand implement improvements.
- Abilitytoeffectively communicatecomplextechnical solutionsandconceptsto engineers andnon-engineers.
- Abilitytoauditsitepractices against writtenstandards as partofassurancerole.
- Abilitytointerpretcontractplansandspecificationsandsystem redundanciesto assurecompliance with the client'sandgovernment safety standards.
- Safety experience within the areas of greenfieldinfrastructurebuilding andconstruction.
- Abilityto review, understandandapplysafety codesassociated with otherstandardsincludingbutnot limited toASTM, ANSI, ASHREA, NFPA, NEC,etc.
- Abilityto review safetyplans,confinedspace entryplans,lock out tag outproceduresfor energy isolation andcritical lift plans.
- Experience in verifying conformance with developed plans.
- Experience with construction general electrical andmechanical energy isolation.
- Education degree (BA or BS) plus 4 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience or education.
Preferred QualificationsWhat We OfferJob Category
- BA/BS + 6 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
Safety / HealthBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
DE - Berlin, US - Albuquerque, NM - 201 Third St NW, US - Bridgeport, CT - 615 Asylum Street, US - Chestnut Ridge, NY - 100 Red Schoolhouse Rd, US - Chicago, IL - 10510 W Zemke Rd, US - Cortland Manor, NY - 11 Bear Mountain Bridge Rd, US - Glen Allen, VA - 4840 Cox Road, US - Glendale, AZ - 9500 W Northern Avenue, US - Houston, TX - 10550 Richmond Avenue, US - Jackson, MS - 111 East Capitol Street, US - Little Rock, AR - 10801 Executive Center Drive, US - Louisville, KY, US - New York, NY - 100 Park Ave, US - San Diego, CA - 2417 McCain Road, US - WACO, TX - 2000 TEXAS CENTRAL PARKWAY, US - Wilmington, DE - 1013 Centre RdClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.