We are hiring a Director Financial & Business Control within the Renewables division at ENGIE North America. You will provide a leadership role within the Renewables division at ENGIE North America. In this role, you will report to the Vice President of Finance Control for the Business Unit and will be broadly responsible for financial analysis, reporting, and budgeting for the growing portfolio of large-scale renewable utility projects and decentralized renewable utility projects for ENGIE North America. You will work closely with the Renewables Finance division, as well as commercial and operational teams to build expert understanding on key drivers of profitability and risks inherent in contractual agreements in order to deliver monthly /quarterly results for local Management and Group reporting.
What you'll do: Management dialogue process owner
Operational and financial performance manager
- Engages across the organization to coordinate deliverables and to maintain high level of understanding of the business as necessary to communicate best estimates/early warnings, as well as to respond quickly to ad hoc questions/requests from senior management
- Prepares key financial metric comparisons to historical and forecasted performance, early warnings, and latest estimates of division financial indicators
- Supports Senior Management with ad hoc performance reporting requests (e.g. visitor presentations, one-off analysis needs)
- Prepares specific financial reports on a recurring basis (e.g. Investors, Partnership reporting, Development Capex progress reports)
Support managerial decision & Business Unit financial reporting
- Collaborates with local management to define performance targets and to identify performance action plan
- Challenges everyday expenses to improve Business Unit's financial performance
- Works closely with Group Performance teams to define performance reporting content and nuance, ensuring business drivers can be explained adequately to the market
- Defines and follows performance dashboards to be used at both executive and division levels
- Participates on local commitment committee to ensure alignment of projects within financial and strategic criteria
- Directs the development, preparation, coordination and presentation of annual budgets, re-forecasts and medium-term business plans (MTP), bringing together efforts with other Businesses divisions
- Identifies and implements business process improvements to help facilitate data flows to/from financial reporting systems to produce more efficient and relevant outputs and to enhance the control environment
- Collaborates with transversal BU project, mostly dedicated to performance improvement and alignment with the strategy
- Supervises loading of budget/MTP (Middle Term Plan) data into local financial reporting systems and ensure data is captured timely and accurately, in partnership with BU FP&A and the operational organization
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree is required, Preferred MBA or background in Accounting/CPA
- 10+ years of related business experience
- 5+ years of financial reporting experience required
- 5+ years of personnel management experience required
- Strong experience creating and working with financial models (financial, commercial, or operational) and an understanding of financial statements
- Knowledge of the Tax equity mechanism is a plus
- Advanced Excel knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of SAP (S4, Analytical Cloud, Fiori) a plus, expertise in financial modeling.
- Deadline driven with project management skills necessary for cross-organizational coordination and on-time delivery of results and presentations; hands-on and able to step in to assist Management as needed; data- and decision-driven
- Strong-interpersonal skills and self-motivated; ability to work in time-sensitive environment with non-flexible deadlines; ability to work outside of usual US business hours
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to communicate figures and provide appropriate context and insights
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy and to bring projects to a close
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Mar 29, 2021