Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Halliburton Digital Solutions
Senior Product Champion - Data Lake/Analytics Platform
Under broad direction, this person will drive the continual evolution and delivery of key technologies for the petrotechnical data lake platform. They provide expert guidance to software developers, technology teams, and field operations across multiple organizations. Responsible for accelerating platform integration by the global business lines, keeping pace with growing digital expectations by the market. This person is recognized as a technical expert. They serve as a corporate resource, driving petrotechnical data quality and governance standards for effective big data analytics endeavors.
- Using their understanding of the technological advances in both the big data analytics domain and in the oil and gas industry this person:
- Provides technical advice about the current state of the technology and its future direction.
- Engages the data analytics center of excellence and 'citizen' data scientists to understand and anticipate future-state requirements.
- Participates with management, product line, and customers in developing new technologies and platform capabilities.
- Provides a strong technical focus in product planning for a complete, end-to-end solution.
- Provides direction, application, and integration of cloud-based services used in data lakes and big data analytics.
- Ensures data quality, information security and governance are part of platform design, implementation, and ongoing operation.
- Collaborates with legal, contracts, and IT security to co-develop petrotechnical data governance and model deployment policy.
- Maintains communications with external technology efforts such as industry and academic consortia.
- Prepares and presents technical reports and project briefings.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar discipline.
- 10+ years of related experience in data management, data engineering, data quality, data governance, and/or data science.
- Demonstrated experience implementing analytics solutions using Azure cloud services, especially ADLS Gen 2, AKS, Key Vault, Purvue, Durable Functions, Front door, Service Bus, and SQL.
- Experience connecting a wide range of data sources and maintaining data pipelines optimized for large scale analytics workloads.
- Experience with ingesting and transforming data into analytics-ready, columnar storage formats such as Apache Parquet.
- Working knowledge of data profiling, tagging and classification, and approaches for maintaining end-to-end data lineage.
- Demonstrated passion working with data and proficiency using BI reporting tools such as Power BI, Spotfire, or similar.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools such as Azure DevOps.
- Familiarity with conducting unit tests and analyses for software development, verification, and validation.
- Experience preparing, presenting, and reviewing technical reports and briefings including analysis and software documentation.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated that can work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Completion of a master's in computer science, engineering, or similar discipline.
- Upstream Oil & Gas domain experience.
- Knowledge of data governance practices and approaches related to model dilution, bias, and variance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Working knowledge of the OSDU™ Data Platform.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 91906
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Sales & Marketing
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.