Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Software Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Halliburton Digital Solutions
Senior Product Champion - Real-time Data Integration
Under broad direction, this person will drive the continual evolution and delivery of key technologies for real-time petrotechnical data integration. They provide expert guidance to software developers, technology teams, and field operations across multiple organizations. Responsible for accelerating real-time data integration by the global business lines and the pace of innovation necessary to satisfy customer's growing digital expectations. This person is recognized as a technical expert. They serve as a corporate resource for petrotechnical data standards and message exchange protocols.
- Provides technical advice about the current state of the technology and its future direction.
- Engages global business lines and external customers in to understand and anticipate future-state requirements.
- Participates with management, product line, and customers in developing new technologies and platform capabilities.
- Provides a strong technical focus in product planning for a complete, end-to-end solution.
- Provides direction, application, and integration of cloud-based services used in message streaming and real-time analytics.
- Provides technical guidance and market trends for industry-specific data standards and message exchange protocols.
- Ensures data quality, information security and governance are part of design, implementation, and ongoing operation.
- Maintains communications with external technology efforts such as industry and academic consortia.
- This person should sit on one or more industry groups and standards organizations.
- Prepares and presents technical reports, project briefings, and customer presentations.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar discipline.
- 10 years of related experience or through 14 years of software development experience.
- The expertise may include functional understanding of business development and well site delivery mechanisms.
- Upstream Oil & Gas domain knowledge, especially experience in wellsite data aggregation and communication; real-time data management and 3rd party data exchange; real-time analytics and visualization for remote wellsite operations.
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation of industry standards, especially WITSML, ETP, WITS, OPC-UA.
- Familiarity with conducting unit tests and analyses for software development, verification, and validation.
- Experience preparing, presenting, and reviewing technical reports and presentations including analysis and software documentation.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated that can work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Completion of a master's in computer science, engineering, or similar discipline.
- Familiarity with data platforms using REST-based APIs, message streaming, and API management for developer portals.
- Working knowledge integrating real-time data in visual analytics solutions using Azure cloud services.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools such as Azure DevOps.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build relationships.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 91667
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Sales & Marketing
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.