San Francisco, California, United States
San Francisco, California, United States
Skills: Business Development, Marketing, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
The NextEra Energy Resources (NEER)Mobility team contains technologists, data scientists, business development and project execution staff collectively offering customers end-to-end solutions for electric mobility. The group is actively developing a joint venture with the leading school bus fleet manager and has numerous initiatives in support of public and private fleets. The Senior RFP & Proposal Coordinator is a new role dedicated to the tracking, management and writing of mobility related RFPs as well as unsolicited proposals. Many mobility initiatives involve state, local and federal grant applications and grant writing will be a large component of this role.
- Develop consistent language, graphics and proposal materials for NEER's evolving offerings in mobility infrastructure
- Work with the origination teams to track imminent and RFP and grant opportunities, including attending pre-submission information/question sessions
- Project manage the responses to RFP and grant solicitations by coordinating the subject matter experts including business development, valuation/finance, engineering and operations
- Develop material around successful early case studies on NEER mobility deployments for use in marketing and future proposal materials
- Track compliance and manage funding receipts from awarded proposals and grants
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Experience writing complex proposals for enterprise sales and/or government procurement
- Detailed and process oriented
- Basic graphic design competency to create compelling schematics and visual exhibits for proposals
- Experience in any of the following topical area(s) is a plus:
- Renewable energy
- Battery energy storage
- Energy/power markets
- Electric vehicles
- Auto / transportation / fleet management
This position is responsible for assisting in comprehensive project management of multi-million dollar public sector technical document submittals such as Request For Proposal (RFP)/ Request For Quotation (RFQ) / Request For Information (RFI). Employees in this position write, coordinate and manage the delivery of completed responses to proposals including strong recommendations on content, content changes, and the overall style and imagery of the document.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares or assists in document development including driving key team member inputs to ensure on-time delivery of the final product
- Creates, distributes and manages the responsibilities matrix, which outlines key document sections, responsible team member(s), and due dates
- Establishes and manages production schedules, manages project to schedule, and acts as final reviewer of final submittal
- Maintains and updates a master repository for future responses
- Mines data in a multitude of sites and identifies potential RFP/RFQ's that may meet the business objectives and then makes the first decision to pursue
- Assists in developing, leading and executing assigned marketing initiatives which includes press releases, editorials, case studies and other associated marketing service activities
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 5+ years
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Project Management
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Location: San Francisco, California
Other Work Locations: California
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland