Reporting to the Facility Manager, as the Process Operator you will be accountable for, but not limited to:
- Overseeing process and equipment monitoring and control.
- Operating and inspecting various pieces of process equipment.
- Reviewing computerized operating and laboratory data.
- Prepare and complete daily area logs and communicate significant changes and findings
- Complete Plant Maintenance on process equipment
- Chemical handling and inventory control
- Ensure timely action during plant upsets and process adjustments that is consistent with operational objectives and target outputs and opportunities for improvement
- Performing routine and non-routine process configuration activities as required by Standard Operating Procedures, including lock-out/tag-out of process equipment and draining, de-pressurization and flushing of isolated equipment.
- Conducting routine process control tests to optimize various processes throughout the plant.
- Performing routine preventive maintenance activities
- Ensuring work permits and hazard assessments are completed and areas inspected before safe work can proceed.
Location and schedule information The Bio Fuels pilot plant is located at the Alberta Energy Research Facility on the NE side of Edmonton, Alberta. The plant will be utilizing a new technology to turn Syn gas into Ethanol. The project will start work on 4 x 10-hour dayshifts and then transition to shift work when it's required. The schedule will be 7 days on 7 days off, 7 nights on, 7 days off. The work term duration is planned for 8 months to 2 years. About Petroplan
- Power Engineering, Journeyman trade, Process Operation or Chemical Technologist Certification
- Previous start up and commissioning experience will be considered an asset
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver's License. A Driver Abstract may be required.
- The successful candidates must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applicable computer process software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience as a Control room Operator will be considered an asset
- Experience handling and transferring commercial gases would be considered an asset
- An aptitude to continually seek knowledge and understanding; you strive to understand the systems, processes and hazards in and around the workplace
- An exceptionally motivated self-starting attitude, you possess strong social skills, and a continuous improvement mindset
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Proficiency with computer applications
- Strong troubleshooting skills
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.