We are looking for a highly skilled Civil Engineer
with previous experience leading the engineering of wind farms in France
-Onshore Wind Engineering only
As member of an international team, you will perform a key function in the engineering of the plants being developed in France and would be required to develop further projects in other countries, if needed.
You'd play a role in the whole cycle of engineering. You will be the Engineer Manager
responsible for leading from the technical, economic, and planning point of view, the complete wind farms engineering and solar farms civil works in all phases of project development. Ensuring compliance of execution of projects targets in terms of Health, Safety and Environment, Quality, CAPEX and Schedule according with the Company Business Plan.
You will work with different internal departments such as business development, offers, construction, networks, purchase, quality, and environment, and also externally with developers, the Administration, certification companies, subcontractors, and others.
The position will be in our offices located in Marseille or Paris
. MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES:Responsible for specifying the scope and design criteria of the complete wind farm engineering required in each phase of the project, from bidding, due diligence, greenfield, licensing, to detailed and constructive engineering, in coordination with the different internal teams.Responsible for specifying, supervising and validating technically the services that need to be outsourced in each case, as well as coordinating with the different internal areas involved in the design of wind projects, with direct responsibility for the following activities:
Responsible for organizing and leading the project engineering follow up meetings, both for civil and electrical scope.Responsible for the technical supervision of offers and contracts with suppliers.Responsible for reporting to the Business Management the status of the engineering project for all scopes, identifying potential problems and solutions, monitoring the planning and action plans for delays, economic control and others.Responsible for identifying, registering and spreading the lessons learned in each of the projects to the rest of the organization and countries.Responsible for identifying potential design improvements to be requested from wind turbine manufacturers and other equipment suppliers in order to achieve continuous technical and economic improvement in the projects.Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety standards required by Iberdrola.Represent the company with relevant stakeholders, such as agencies and institutions, both public and private, in relation to matters relating to its responsibilities
- Validation of wind turbine lay-out supplied by the Wind Resource team taking into account the limitations of the project (environmental, land, affected authorities, etc.).
- Definition and validation of the internal and external roads lay-out and crane pads (3D model).
- Definition and validation of the medium voltage configuration.
- Definition and supervision of topography works.
- Specification and technical validation of hydrological studies and hydraulic calculations.
- Definition in collaboration with the Networks team of the technical solutions to be adopted in the design of the low/medium voltage evacuation infrastructures.
- Specification of equipment and materials in collaboration with the Network and Construction Engineering team.
- Definition of complete project, civil and electrical BOQ?s.
- Design of the junction projects, as well as the technical solution for the rest of the interferences.
- Preparation of descriptive documentation of the project in collaboration with the internal areas involved: memory, specifications, Health and Safety study, etc.
- Visits to the sites to analyse the location and the aspects to be considered in the design.
- He/she will be in charge of managing the engineering of the projects in France, relying on the engineering companies of a FA ( framework agreement ) that we have signed. He/she will specify, and supervise the engineering done by these companies in coordination with the Business Development team, Tenders, Networks, Wind Resource, etc. as the engineering project manager.
- Internal: Development department, project department (solar engineering, offers, energy resource, networks, construction), global engineering department, operation and maintenance, investment office, main equipment and contracts department, procurement department, corporate areas of the group (corporate development, control, finance, etc.), as well as other corporate departments if any.
- External: engineering companies, renewable developers, suppliers, technical certification companies, as well as other external companies and stakeholders if it is necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering and Master's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- At least 5 years' experience in engineering of wind projects in France.
- Expert on civil design and with a general knowledge in electrical design scope management.
- Advanced knowledge in execution of hydrological and hydraulic studies.
- Knowledge in contracting and supervising topographic and geotechnical campaigns.
- Technical skills with an ability to balance and prioritize competing interests.
- Knowledge on construction of wind farms is a plus.
- Knowledge of civil design aspects in photovoltaic plants is a plus.
- Advance user in MS Project.
- Advance user in MS Office.
- Advance user in AutoCad & GIS.(The candidate must me capable to supervise, coordinate and validate the work done by the framework agreement engineering companies)
- Organizational skills (creating structure and order, boosting efficiency, and prioritizing task).
- Ability to report key indicators.
- Resources management.
- Excellent communication, diplomatic, networking and influencing skills.
- Understanding and alignment with corporate culture and/or ability to adapt quickly to the corporate culture.
- Ability to make rational decisions, even when under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to interact with contractors
- Strong sense of values and ethics, and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- Ability to work within approved budgets and under deadline pressure and deliver high quality results.
- Spanish is a plus.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.