Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood India is recruiting for Senior Electrical Engineer on contract to be based in Chennai. The incumbent shall be skilled in the below areas of expertise:
- Detailed knowledge of the Electrical discipline for the following technical aspects of projects
- Electrical principals
- Codes and standards and their application
- Distribution and power generation design
- Safety systems, protection and control
- Area classification
- Electrical studies and calculations
- Plant design and equipment layout
- Specification, evaluation and procurement of equipment and materials
- Coordinate with suppliers via the procurement team
- Coordinate with other disciplines were required
- Review and approve supplier documentation
- Factory acceptance testing, construction and commissioning support Facilitate work share project execution with our associated offices.
- Be fully conversant with Company procedures, technical work practices, workings and policy.
- Keep up to date with the latest technological advancements and best practices within the electrical specialisation.
- Continue professional development by attendance to in and out of company technical training.
- Facilitate work share project execution with our associated offices
Skills / Qualifications
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.