Company: NES Fircroft
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• MS in Geology or Geophysics
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in related position and ideal candidate would have field experience
• Skilled in geologic software and mastery of geosteering applications (StarSteer, Geographix and ArcGIS), as well as core functions of Microsoft suites
• Experience in unconventional reservoirs and operations experience is required.
• Ability to work flexible hours, work two months a year in a 6pm to 6am night rotation, cover 24/7 horizontal geosteering operations; including nights, weekends and holidays
• Excellent interpersonal skills needed for interfacing with all levels of employees within the organization and members of the industry
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a collaborative team environment tackling complex subsurface problems. Strong communication skills and capability to explain complicated geologic concepts to people without a geologic background.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.