Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer, primarily for our Transmission & Distribution business. Reporting to the Quality Manager, this position is located in Wood Vancouver, B.C. office.
Contract type: Part-time (24h/week)
The Quality Engineer will perform the following activities in coordination with the Quality Manager and other members of the team:
Project Quality Assurance:
- Assist in preparation and review of project quality plans
- Assist the Contracts group with preparing contract quality requirements
- Review supplier and contractor Quality Management Plans and Inspection and Test Plans (ITP)
- Assist in assembling contractor ITPs
- Review supplier and contractor quality control documentation
- Provide input into field review plans
- Assist projects in issuing non-conformance reports
- Perform site quality audit of contractors / Wood construction coordinators
- Support site for customer quality audits
- Complete audit reports
- Follow up on non-conformance reports, opportunities for improvement or recommendations
- Attend project pre-job meetings; a ttend project weekly meetings
Office Quality Assurance
- Prepare for and leads audits and assurance reviews in line with agreed processes and protocol (including audit reporting requirements)
- Manage the tracking of audit findings in the appropriate NCR and corrective action tracking systems/registers.
In addition, the following tasks may be required to perform depending on qualifications/project needs:
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Request for Proposal evaluations
- Perform delegated Field Reviews in relevant engineering discipline if required (delegated by Professional of Record)
- Perform audits or shop inspections at supplier fabrication facilities
- Communicate with Customer Quality staff, as required, or delegated by Project Manager
- Assist Owner's Construction Services with quality management, when required or delegated by Project Manager
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Skills / Qualifications
- Associate degree or bachelor's degree in quality or relevant discipline engineering, or construction management.
- 3 to 5 years of working experience in power utility engineering or construction/construction management with exposure to performing quality control/quality assurance/quality management tasks in an industrial project environment.
- Quality certifications are an asset.
- Excellent communication, coordination and interdisciplinary team support skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Persistent and inquisitive in the pursuit in information and facts.
- Integrity and commitment to continuous improvement.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.