Skills: Geologist, Geoscientist, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
The Wood purpose is unlocking solutions to the world's most critical challenges and the Wood mission is to be the world's leading consulting and engineering company in energy and the built environment.
Creating a better tomorrow, join #teamwood we have multiple part-time and full time Archaeological Field Technicians vacancies for the Spring/Summer/Fall 2021 field season in North Eastern GTA, Ontario site locations. Reporting to the Ontario Archaeology Discipline Lead, the Archaeological Field Technician(s) will receive a competitive rate with benefits, extensive safety training, and opportunities for diverse experiences and professional development.
As a Field Tech you will be r esponsible for various fieldwork duties inclusive of; test pitting, pedestrian surveys and test unit excavations. Travel assistance to site will be provided from our London, Cambridge, and/or Burlington office locations.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field
- A minimum of one (1) field season of archaeological experience in Ontario, including shovel testing and test unit excavation
- Ability to work daily at field site locations in the North Eastern GTA, Ontario.
- Willingness and ability to perform physical demanding tasks (e.g., hand shoveling, troweling), work outdoors for long days in rough terrain, harsh elements (hot & cold temperatures) and remote locations
- Identification of archaeological artifacts in the field
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team, or independently when required
- Ability to travel and work on out-of-town projects (hotel stays), if required
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., be capable of repetitive movement of shoveling & screening soil/earth
- A valid Ontario driver's license and clean drivers abstract
Wood offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health & dental benefits and paid time off as well as WSIB coverage for all of our employees.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.