Skills: Civil Engineering, Modeling, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a Senior Civil Dam Engineer to join our team in the Maritime Region. The successful candidate will be a Professional Engineer with a strong background in the engineering aspects of dam safety evaluations and design.
- Perform Dam Safety Inspections, Dam Safety Reviews, Public Safety Risk Assessments
- Consult on Dams for our North American and International clients
- Assist with conceptual and detailed design services
- Conduct geotechnical and / or hydrotechnical analysis of dams and other civil infrastructure such as bridges, roadways, buildings, etc.
- Review documentation and site drawings and prepare construction and engineering cost estimates, drawings and specifications
- Manage projects through all stages from concept to construction
- Provide senior review design, working with a multi-disciplinary team including hydrologists, structural and geotechnical disciplines
These responsibilities will be delivered within a framework that manages risks and prioritizes safety. In addition, the senior engineer will assist in the mentoring and development of junior and intermediate engineers in the group.
Skills / Qualifications
We are seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge and experience to work with our team of professionals performing engineering, construction and project management on behalf of our clients.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Civil engineering experience in dams and hydrotechnical engineering projects
- Bachelor or Masters' degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university (advanced degree is highly desirable)
- Currently registered or can register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Nova Scotia
- Experience in the design and evaluation of water retaining structures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Experience in project management and technical skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience with design work incorporating the principles promoted by the Canadian Dam Association (CDA) would be an asset
- Experience with Dam Safety Reviews and Flood Studies in accordance with CDA Guidelines Experience with geotechnical and/or hydrotechnical numerical modelling (i.e Slope/W; Seep/W; HEC-HMS; HEC-RAS; etc.)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.