Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: East Canada, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Structural Engineer. Reporting to the Civil / Structural Department Manager this position is in our Fredericton, New Brunswick office. This role has a primary requirement for relevant experience in design of dam structures and accessories. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
You will be part of the structural engineering team delivering projects in the Power and Process industries. This includes structural steel and reinforced concrete superstructures for dams and buildings, building and equipment foundations, substation structures/foundations, pipe racks, site works, miscellaneous structures and tank foundations and design of building envelope including roofing and walls.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations
- Prepare engineering reports, specifications, design criteria and construction scope of work documents
- Carry out feasibility studies and prepare reports
- Respond to RFIs from contractors and resolve field problems
- Site visits and inspections as needed. Sometimes travelling to remote sites may be required.
- Preparation of quantity estimates
- Coordinate with other team members, vendors, contractors and clients
- Coordinating preparation of drawings with designers and checking of drawings
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment and co-operate with other team members
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree in Structural Engineering. Master's Degree will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organization skills to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to work independently with some supervision
- 6 to 8 years of experience in the design of dam structures such as abutments, wing walls, sluiceway, pumphouse and gate hoist structures
- Thorough knowledge in analysis and design of concrete and steel structures to Canadian codes and standards.
- Proficient in Staad.Pro
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Professional Engineer License in New Brunswick or any other Canadian province with eligibility to obtain license in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills are mandatory
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.