Sr. Software EngineerAre you a software Engineer looking for innovative application development?Do you like collaborating across teams to deliver success for customers?Join our Digital Solutions Team
As a Digital Solutions business, we provide intelligent, connected hardware technologies to sense, control, and inspect assets across many industries. Customers are provided with peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve operations. Our team has a collaborative sales mind-set, a technical understanding of our products, providing highly customisable solutions.Partner with the best
As a Sr. Software Engineering, you are responsible for designing, developing and testing Embedded Software (Firmware), platforms and systems that control and runs on devices that need to be tailored to the needs of the hardware that it has to control and run on (i.e. directly controls the real time functions of a physical device such as motors, alternators, engines, valves, fans, and other devices and products). Typically requires a deep understanding of the characteristics of the physical device being controlled, the realtime functions it is expected to perform and the ability to design, develop, implement, and test the logic and software required to realize the real-time functionality. Usually tailored for products and services across various P&Ls. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Managing, designing (software) tools for use by engineering teams to design, test, measure, and validate systems and sub-systems which contains hardware, embedded software (and possibly also software).
- Developing new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
- Working together with business leadership at SPB and EB level. Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
- Delivering products as part of a team. Working on cross functional teams.
- Leading analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering/Technology).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Engineering Tools.
- Good oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Have ability to influence others and lead small teams. Have initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Have ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Have proven analytical and organizational ability.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.