Senior Software Engineer
Would you enjoy designing innovative software for energy products?
Join our cutting-edge Product Development teamJoin our Engineering Team
Our OFS Engineering business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to efficiently improve their operations. Our global quality team delivers all aspects of quality for design, development and delivery of our customer projects.Partner with the best
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. Works independently and is seen as a technical leader. Is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Performing research and development to generate/maintain robust engineering application software.
- Maintaining knowledge of assigned products and subject areas.
- Maintaining interfaces with team, stakeholders and customers as required.
- Creating production quality reusable components and libraries.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- SW Engineering (or equivalent) degree; MS degree or higher required.
- Proven problem solving, math, logic, and analytical abilities.
- Proven ability to research/develop analytical and numerical techniques for mechanical stress and fluid dynamics problems.
- Experience with independent work on complex projects with attention to detail.
- Six years programming experience with ownership of significant engineering applications or functionality (Windows preferred).
- Development and maintenance of applications related to data acquisition, data processing and visualization
- Three+ years of experiences with .NET Framework, or .NET Corewith Visual Studio IDE.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience in developing reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for moderately complex products.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Good language and communication skills.
Work in a way that works for you
- Two+ years of project programming experiences in SQL and ASP.NET Core.
- Experience in using source control systems such as TFS, Subversion, Git.
- Experience in using software build systems such as TFS, TeamCity.
- Experience in user interface design and development with WPF or Windows Forms and Web Applications (Angular, CSS, Bootstrap, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of Linux Debian 9.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.