Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
We are looking for Senior Water Resources Engineer with greater than 10 years of experience that enjoys the technical & project management aspects in water resources engineering. This is an opportunity to expand your career as a project manager with a growing engineering and environmental consulting operation that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions. We are looking for a project manager that understands the Texas water resources, flood risk, and flood mitigation market. We are looking for someone with water resources project experience including but not limited to FEMA Flood Risk program, general watershed studies, flood mitigation studies, dams, levee systems, streambank stabilization, municipal stormwater studies, and civil design.
- Will provide project management services for a key state client.
- Will coordinate and manage water resources, watershed/floodplain studies and/or storm water management projects.
- Will be externally/client focused, meeting or exceeding budgeted metrics, and resource management, while also ensuring the highest possible standards of integrity, safety, quality and operational excellence.
- Develop and manage proposal efforts, business strategies, and lead in contract negotiations including but not limited to terms & conditions, scope, and budget
- Effectively convey proposed work efforts and project results in technical documents, interviews, and oral presentations.
- Will develop and maintain client relationships.
- Will collaborate with Wood's nationally established Flood Risk Program.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil or Agricultural Engineering or related engineering field
- Texas PE Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- >10 years' experience is required
- USACE design experience required
- Preferred Software experience:
- USACE HEC Programs (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, etc)
- SWMM (PC-SWMM, XP-SWMM, Innovyze Products, etc)
- 2-Dimentiional Flow Modelling (HECRAS 2D, FLO-2D, RiverFlow 2D, SRH-2D, etc)
- ESRI ArcGIS
- Has Established Texas Relationships
- Experience with cost estimating design projects
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.