Commercial ManagerWould you like to help shape Baker Hughes commercial and strategic direction?Are you a commercial expert that looking for a new challenge?Join our Oilfield Services Sales & Commercial Team!
Our Oilfield Services (OFS) business provides intelligent connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. Our Sales team work in partnership with our business partners to build loyalty and develop sales growth. We take responsibility for the business' success by building trusted relationships and understanding our partners.Partner with the best
As a Commercial Manager, you will develops practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope and have the understanding and experience to execute business objectives, be involved in short-term and long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy.
As a Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Handling all aspects of contract management, including proposal development, risk management and mitigation, specification compliance, scope development, transactional pricing, customer negotiations, customer communications and issue resolution
- Leading transactional deal process having the ability to structure creative, commercially and technically sound quality deals as well as fully manage associated contractual issues that arise over the life of the project.
- Providing leadership during the deal review process to ensure that all commercial risk points, risk mitigation, and business risk acceptance levels are properly incorporated in the development of the scope, cost and proposal wording
- Interfacing with Region Sales teams to develop commercial strategies and solutions that will meet customer requirements as well as meet or exceed business goals.
- Meeting order budget, proposal timeliness, cycle time, hit Rate / win Rate, and project profitability
- Developing appropriate Terms and Conditions for standard Customer proposals based on Risk / Reward Analysis
- Coordinating contract execution during OTR stage.
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor degree from an accredited university or college
- Have minimum 3+ years of experienced in Sales / Marketing/ Operations within the Oil & Gas industry
- Have Master degree preferred
- Have prior experience in sales, commercial finance, contract negotiation and execution is preferred
- Have knowledge of how transactions affecting business model (both Baker Hughes and customer) and good business acumen
- Have knowledge of legal aspects and implications of contracts, terms and conditions, negotiation, etc to allow constructing contracts with minimizing risk
- Have Industry knowledge / competition landscape understanding at a transaction level, good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Have ability to influence and lead cross functional teams, good oral and written communication skills
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.