Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Novi, Michigan, United States
WOOD is seeking an Entry Level Engineer to join our team in Novi, MI.
Are you an Engineer with 0 to 3+ years of environmental experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with Senior Staff on a variety of technically challenging projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
Performs routine, well-defined field and office assignments (technical and non-technical); receives detailed instructions on objectives, complex features, and possible solutions; receives close supervision and review of work. With experience, may be assigned some tasks with minimal supervision.
Entry level responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Entry Level Environmental Engineer needed to join our Novi, MI team.
- The position is approximately 50% field work and 50% office work on a variety of projects including industrial, state and federal sites. Approximately 30% overnight travel.
- Will travel to project sites in Michigan and the Great Lakes Area.
- Performs routine, well-defined field and office assignments (technical and non-technical); receives detailed instructions on objectives, complex features, and possible solutions; receives close supervision and review of work. With experience, may be assigned some tasks with minimal supervision.
- Prepare bidding documents with detailed direction, request for proposals and assist in subcontractor procurement for a variety of environmental remediation systems
- Prepare conceptual estimating
- Review of contractor submittals including equipment, Work plans and QA/QC plans
- Tracking payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals
- Oversight of soil excavation, demolitions, and environmental treatment system installations under the supervision of an experienced CM
- Complete operation and maintenance inspections of remediation systems under the supervision of an experienced operator
- Office activities include analysis and interpretation of analytical results and the preparation of summary reports under the supervision of a Senior or Principal Scientist/Geologist or Engineer
- With guidance and mentoring of senior engineer, manage and analyze large environmental datasets with spreadsheets and other technical software, prepare plots and quantitative summaries, and document analytical methods
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work effectively under deadlines and budgets
- Learn and stay up-to-date on guidance, state and federal environmental regulations
- Deliver processed data in organized fashion, following data management and network standards
- Participate in training events, project meetings, and engineering team meetings
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards, maintain permits and training certificates
- Our professionals work on many projects at one time and must have the ability to maintain successful client relations
Skills / Qualifications
Basic/ Required Qualifications
- US citizenship (field activities on military bases)
- BS or MS degree in civil engineering or environmental engineering
- Zero to three years environmental experience including environmental remediation engineering
- Basic understanding of means and methods associated with environmental remediation technologies and treatment systems including air sparging, soil vapor extraction systems, chemical injections, pump and treat and soil excavation
- Strong fundamental math skills
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required; Overnight travel or extended field assignment is required
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Computer literate - MS Word, Excel, CADD familiarity, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Perform engineering calculations.
- HAZWOPER 40 hour training.
- Working outside in various weather conditions, uneven terrain
- Will lift equipment and carry laboratory samples which requires the ability to lift 40 pounds
- Office work with computer
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.