United States of America - California, Los AngelesJob Summary
AECOM has a position available for a Project Manager for Renewable projects within our Energy business. This role may be located anywhere in the United States and will require occasional travel to various AECOM offices and Client project sites.
The responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Manages portfolio of clients with multiple projects.
- Manages a team of internal staff as well as external resources with varying levels of solar experience to ensure that time spent on project is efficient.
- Can demonstrate clear communication skills and understanding of best practice in documentation.
- Leads conversations with client and stakeholders.
- Shows agility in balancing changing project priorities.
- Completes project on time, on schedule.
- Responsible for delivering revenues assigned from specific clients as a result of repeat business caused by flawless execution of projects.
- Consistently delivers profit margins planned.
- Consistently completes project within financial budgets.
- Manages more complex clients and projects.
- Has decision-making authority and directs other Project Managers in recognizing risk and uncertainty with plans to mitigate and eliminate such.
- Directs staff to operate and minimize exposure to claims.
- Supervises and directs Project Managers with multiple projects or program of projects.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
AECOM's Energy business line provides a wide range of services from consulting and engineering design to engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) for power, energy efficiency, and renewable energy clients. As a fully accredited Energy Services Company (ESCO), we connect knowledge and experience across our global technical network to solve energy's most complex challenges. Our team's integrated framework brings together a unique combination of engineers, planners, scientists, and project managers to enhance electrical system infrastructure, reduce energy use, and generate energy on-site from traditional and renewable sources.Minimum Requirements
- BA/BS degree and 8+ years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of education & experience
- Experience working on solar and/or battery energy storage projects, preferably community-scale or utility-scale projects, including gen-ties and high voltage substations.
- Demonstrated/previous experience leading the successful execution of complex projects (preferably solar)
- Pre-employment verification of motor vehicle driving record will be conducted
- BA/BS degree preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience desired to include some renewable energy projects
- Experience managing projects valued at $100M What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Program and Project ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Chicago, IL - 303 E Wacker Drive, US - Denver, CO - 7595 East Technology Way, US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy Freeway, US - New Orleans, LA - 1000 S. Jefferson Davis Blvd, US - New York, NY - 125 Broad Street, US - Oakland, CA - 1333 BroadwayVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.