United States of America - Arizona, TucsonJob SummaryAECOM's
West Region is actively seeking a highly motivated Staff Geotechnical Engineer with 5 years of experience to join the Phoenix, Arizona Geo-Civil team. Our strong local presence in Arizona opens the doors to significant and interesting projects in the mining and power sector. Our presence in the greater central region involves this role with opportunities to work on highways, buildings, dams, power plants, and other projects. In this role there is opportunity to grow technical and non-technical skills alongside a team of seasoned professionals while being given ownership that will stretch your potential.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
- With more than 3,200 Water professionals in all major markets throughout the United States and Canada, AECOM's Water business line leverages nearly a century of local, national and international project experience to provide today's municipalities, industries and governments with cost-effective solutions to their Water challenges. We deliver our services-from environmental planning studies to detailed design, construction management, and operations and maintenance-to a wide range of public and private sector clients. Our public sector work encompasses everything from small rural communities, to large urban centers, to agencies with regional responsibilities. Our private sector work includes assignments for multiple commercial/industrial sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, power, food and beverage, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. https://aecom.com/markets/water/
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Field exploration and/or Construction observation/reporting for field durations of up to a month
- Candidate will have an opportunity to be involved in the construction of in-house designs, which will build on existing client relationships and lead to future projects.
- Develop tangible engineering design skills through periodic field experience. This may include construction support (verification of design implementation, adherence to quality, contractor/owner engagement), site inspections, and geotechnical investigations. Also provide construction support from the office by adapting designs to field conditions.
- Conduct field exploration, collect samples, analyze data, and review geotechnical samples for laboratory testing
- Develop material properties for soil and rock and evaluate the stability of slopes and foundations
- Prepare drafts of portions of technical proposals, reports, regulatory agency permits, as well as less complex external and internal documents.
- Coordinate and integrate geotechnical evaluations results into civil design through the collaboration of other geotechnical, structural, mechanical, and electrical designs.
- Recognize potential opportunities for additional work within an existing project or for an existing client.
- Engage in regional projects with other offices and disciplines.
- Demonstrate ability to build trusting working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Execute assignments with a critical eye while applying standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks.
- BA/BS + 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
Must Have Skills/Experience (Including any required Certifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Geotechnical/Geological Engineering
- 5 years of experience in a relevant field
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Experience using geotechnical software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- EIT or FE.
What We Offer
- Masters in Geotechnical Engineering
- PE or ability to obtain within 6 months.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - GeotechnicalBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Phoenix, AZ - 7720 North 16th StreetVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.