- Problem solving skills
- Developing procedures for maintenance and repair of electrical equipment
- Analysis of system/equipment performance as compared to design criteria
- Conduct root cause failure analysis
- Establishing and driving reliability engineering principles and best work practices
- Having organizational skills
- Being able to perform different tasks at the same time
- Having technical knowledge being able to follow precise instructions
- Having good communication skills
- Being familiar with regulatory standards pertaining to the power industry
U.S. Citizenship required. We prefer an Electrical Engineer degree and three (3) to five (5) years related engineering experience, or MS degree and two (2) to three (3) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from ABET college or university.
Office environment (90%). Test Environment- May be exposed to areas of high noise levels, hazardous propellants, explosives, chemicals, steam, high pressure lines, and industrial facilities.
Travel between facilities and test sites is required. (10%)
Must have sufficient mobility to enter all areas of test facilities. Must be able to walk, stand, bend, twist and sit for extended periods as well as climb, crawl in confined spaces, and lift up to 35 lbs.
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, copier, etc.) (50%)
Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. (30%)
Safety and Personal Protective Equipment (20%)
Regular attendance mandatory (100%)
Overtime/work outside normal schedule required (20%)
Other Essential Functions
U.S. Citizenship required. A valid driver's license is required. Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety/risk hazard to the employee or others. The work environment requires the ability to cooperate and work with individuals at all levels of the company and the client. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance as required. Your SPA is a Company provided tool to be used for the prevention of incidents, accidents, and injuries; as such, it is the most important tool that you are required to use.