Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bellevue, Washington, United States
In this role, as a Lead Stream Restoration Engineer/Designer you'll work in partnership between our Environmental Science and Planning Group, our Water Resources and Conveyance Group, and our Transportation Group. You'll perform cross market coordination and lead performance of specialized technical and managerial aspects of engineering assignments in river engineering, stream restoration, fish passage planning and design, and hydrology and hydraulics. Using your experience, you'll be a technical lead, performing technical tasks and coordinating the use of resources to accomplish multiple, concurrent cross market projects. You'll also provide Project Management support as necessary for these projects. In addition, you'll lead a stream team consisting of stream design, modeling, geomorphology, and biology staff to complete multi-discipline evaluations of streams, culverts, mitigation sites, and watershed planning/analysis. You'll lead engineering and managerial efforts for planning, design, and engineering services during construction for fish passage, mitigation, and restoration projects. Your contributions will also be individually or as the leader of a design team to prepare, and/or review plans, technical specifications, contract documents, estimates, and H&H models. You'll prepares hydraulics reports, mitigation site design and grading review, floodplain analysis, and bridge scour evaluation. Working with our teams you'll also perform civil design calculations, PS&E, technical evaluations for a variety of projects. You'll have the opportunity to be a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams. Your experience will be valuable as you help supervise our less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project and mentor others.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering with a focus on stream restoration design, mitigation design, and other environmental and water resource tasks
• Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required. If not a Washington State PE, must be able to obtain this within one year of hire
• Demonstrated ability to lead the preparation of plans, specifications, estimates, model development and analysis, studies, proposals and/or reports
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive stream restoration design, Hydrology and Hydraulics civil design, and construction experience
• Experience in directing multi-disciplinary teams of both in-house and external team members to accomplish complex water-related engineering, planning, and design assignments
• Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D or Microstation/Inroads
• Possess time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Proficiency in HEC-RAS 1D and 2D