Palm City, Florida, United States
Palm City, Florida, United States
Skills: Logistics Management, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Palm City, Florida, United States
Position Specific Description
In this role, you will support our Power Delivery team located in Stuart and the Treasure Coast of Florida. You will be responsible for leading a team of mechanics working on fleet vehicles.Master ASE medium/heavy duty certification is a plus.
Employees in this role lead Area Fleet operations by emphasizing safety, cost effectiveness and customer focus. This position oversees all area assets to assure profitability, effectiveness and supervising maintenance activities throughout their respective area are achieved to assure the fleet is safe, legal, reliable, and cost competitive.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises daily activities and disseminates policies and procedures
- Provides educational and training opportunities for employees
- Mitigates transportation issues by attending local customer safety meetings or occasionally visiting the service center
- Articulates preventive maintenance scheduling and prioritize needed repairs for Transmission and Distribution Vehicles
- Oversees garage operations of garages across a respective area of responsibility, including controlling outsourcing vs. in-house vehicle and equipment repairs
- Maintains a Safety focus and provide a Safe working environment for employees
- Ensures Environmental Compliance across area responsibilities
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
- Commercial Driver's License
- Master's - Engineering
- Master's - Business Administration
- Certified Automotive Fleet Management
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Palm City, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Port Saint Lucie
Job Segment: Transmission Line Supervisor, Power Systems, Energy