Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Londra, United Kingdom
About Eni Trade & Biofuels
In keeping with Eni's overall strategy, in particular regarding the global energy transition, since 1 January 2021 Eni Trade & Biofuels S.p.A. (ETB), wholly owned by Eni S.p.A., is the newly created entity responsible for the international trading of crude oil, petroleum products, bio-fuels and related financial derivatives for the Eni group.
In particular, ETB is responsible for marketing Eni's oil equity productions, sourcing hydrocarbon and bio feedstock, and marketing the resulting products from its traditional and green refineries and its petrochemical arm Versalis. ETB is also responsible for sourcing and management of maritime transportation and logistics services, and providing oil risk management services, for itself and on behalf of the whole Eni group, by trading commodity derivatives on the main regulated and over the counter markets. ETB's integration with the wider Eni businesses ensures a global and integrated approach, reinforced by Eni's relationships and broad portfolio of global assets.
As a member of the Legal team, you will be responsible for:
- D rafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of voyage and time charterparty agreements, contracts of affreightment, coloading agreements, and other commercial shipping contracts;
- Advising on, and responding to, time critical shipping and trading operational incidents and pre-litigation disputes, including the handling of force majeure;
- Declarations, off-hire and demurrage claims, the negotiation of letters of indemnity, cargo quality and quantity claims, disputes under charterparties and bills of lading and, more generally, shipping operations;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of energy commodity trading agreements, including spot and term sale and purchase agreements for the supply of crude oil, biofuels and products, storage agreements;
- Advising on documentation ancillary to such transactions, such as general terms and conditions, tenders, agency/brokerage agreements, terms sheets, memoranda of understanding and inter-company service agreements;
- Assessing merits of, and handling, formal legal claims and disputes (including in relation to demurrage, off-hire, cargo quality, contamination and quantity) and, where applicable, liaising with external legal counsel in relation to such claims;
- Supporting the credit and KYC teams in connection with the drafting and negotiation of parent company guarantees, letters of credit, NDAs, and letters of credit;
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating sanctions clauses in both charterparties and sale and purchase agreements, as well as a sound understanding of the workings of the main international trade sanctions regimes;
- Providing English legal advice on various commercial issues ranging from general legal support in the areas of corporate governance, UK commercial regulation, insolvency and insurance.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Strong academic qualifications including B.A.(Hons.) degree.
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales with relevant post qualification experience.
- Experience with particular emphasis on dry shipping law obtained either in a law firm or an in-house legal team with an established reputation in trading and shipping.
- Astute, commercially aware and highly motivated.
- Effective communicator with excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Full command of the English language, knowledge of Italian is beneficial.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.