Skills: Environmental Engineer, Regulatory Compliance
Education: Masters Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
Wood is seeking experienced and driven consultant ecologists to join our well established and growing ecology team, based on the London, or Reading office to support in the delivery of some exciting and varied projects.
You will be working closely with other members of the team and colleagues in other technical disciplines to deliver ecological support on a variety of projects across the country, with opportunities to develop project management skills, business development and assisting in training of more junior members of the team.
The ideal candidate will have the follow:
- A good working knowledge of environmental legislation and planning policy
- Experience in designing and leading protected species surveys
- Experience delivering high - quality technical reports
Skills / Qualifications
- An undergraduate ecology or related degree
- Good working knowledge of environmental legislation and planning policy
- One or more protected species licences
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
- Experience in designing, undertaking, and leading ecological surveys for protected species and habitats, devising ecological mitigation and habitat management plans
- Experience in acting as an Ecological Clerk of Works
- Experience in writing and contributing to technical reports such as baseline reports, preliminary ecological appraisal, ecological mitigation strategies and habitat management plans
- Willingness to stay away overnight and to work away from home
- Clean, full U.K driver's licence
- MSc or PhD in ecology or similar
- Experience in Ecological and Environmental Impact Assessments (EcIA / EIA)
- Experience in project / task management of small - mid - scale projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.