Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: New Plymouth, Taranaki, New Zealand
Wood is sourcing for a Lead Health, Safety & Environment Instructor role based in New Plymouth.
As well as training delivery, the Lead Instructor will be heavily involved in the development of new course materials and the update of existing courses. The Operations Manager is the first point of contact for all training and operational matters. You will report to the Operations Manager or delegate for all areas of your employment.
All instructors are competent instructors who can consistently and professionally deliver a wide variety of training in several defined topics.
- Deliver training as per the Wood Training course outline and instructors guide (if available), or as advised by the Operations Manager
- Adhere to all OPITO Standard Requirements if delivering OPITO Training
- Adhere to course assessment and administration duties as per Wood Training course administration procedures
- Always provide diligent care and supervision of students
- Hold appropriate values and attitudes when dealing with issues of discrimination, diversity and equality
- Provide leadership in discipline, leading curriculum design and development in conjunction with Quality and Product Manager
- Demonstrate leadership and experience in identify, developing, maintaining teaching resources, and promoting effective methods of teaching and learning relevant to the industry served
- Show a commitment to continuous learning through ongoing professional development both in their own discipline and as an educator
Skills / Qualifications
- Hold as a minimum a valid Comprehensive First Aid Certificate (CFA) or equivalent
- Current and valid NZ Driver's License
Candidates must have full work rights in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
If you're an experienced Lead Health, Safety & Environment Instructor, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.