Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Skills: Project Management, Construction Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Construction Project Manager to support our Program/Construction Management (PM/CM) Practice. This full-time onsite position will support a large-scale data center construction project located in Northern Virginia.
The Construction Project Manager will directly support the client Project Manager and be responsible for monitoring and refining the long-range and short-term plans to ensure success delivery of the data center project. The Construction Project Manager will direct and coordinate the day-to-day activities in the field, manage and coordinate the flow of information, control costs, manage and control the schedule, implement and monitor the safety programs, and verify that the completed work is constructed to a quality level consistent with the requirements of the construction documents.
- Manage and/or coordinate personnel and resources for the project.
- Assist with preconstruction efforts.
- Manage all aspects of project from project inception through project close out.
- Prepare and execute Project Executive planning and reporting for all teams.
- Review trade contracts and bid packages, as well as oversee procurement process.
- Oversee performance of project including, project status, schedule, cost control, and change management systems.
- Maintain relationships with internal partners, designers and consultants and the GC team.
- Attend and lead project meetings, including progress and pre-construction.
- Review inspection and test data for compliance with specifications and company standards.
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with GC.
- Set-up QAQC procedures and conduct quality inspections.
- Demonstrate commitment to an injury-free jobsite through own actions and mentoring others and enforce safety program onsite.
Skills / Qualifications
- 15+ years of progressive responsibility in development of large scale and complex construction projects. Mission critical facilities experience and 5+ years of data center project construction experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, construction project management, construction management or related field. Certifications preferred (PE, PMP, CCM, etc.).
- Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills.
- Liaison between contractors, designers, owners, and end-users.
- Ability to independently manage deadlines and support staff.
- Ability to influence cross-discipline teams.
- Commitment to safety. OSHA 30-hour training preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.