Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Fresno, California, United States
Incumbent has basic orientation, training and experience in the nature of the consulting business, i.e., how to be a consultant, how to write proposals, reports, client correspondence and internal documents, and how to gain familiarity with the standard procedures and practices associated with their discipline. Typical project assignments include collecting or compiling data, either in the field or from published and unpublished materials, entering data into and extracting data from standard computer programs, and researching the more complex regulatory or technical requirements. Incumbent may be required to travel to field assignments. All work performed by the incumbent will be under the supervision of the project manager or senior staff member.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs increasingly complex field sampling observations and data collection assignments under limited supervision of more experienced field personnel.
- Compiles information from reports and published documents. Evaluates and/or analyzes the compiled information following standard methods or specific instructions.
- Reviews client documentation and/or assesses existing site.
- Performs increasingly complex, non-routine calculations. May input data into and/or run advanced computer programs under supervision.
- Recognizes and identifies discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follows up through a series of related steps or procedures. Suggests solutions on unresolved situations and/or activities to the project manager.
- Prepares complete drafts of routine technical reports or portions of more complex documents, manuals and field reports, subject to review and approval by the project manager.
- Under guidance of the project manager or senior staff, represents Wood and interacts in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments.
- Responsible for ensuring the Firm's administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to his/her specific discipline are followed.
- Understands and applies safety requirements in the field.
ADDITIONAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May be responsible for reviewing client documents or assessing existing site conditions on routine projects or under routine circumstances.
- Coordinates with subcontractors (such as analytical laboratories and drillers) while performing office assignments.
- Attends client meetings with project manager and other project personnel as directed.
- Participates in proposal preparation: performs calculations, gathers and reviews information and/or to prepares sections of proposals, subject to review and approval of the project manager.
- May prepare technical papers for publication and/or presentation.
- May assist in training personnel on use of field equipment or collection of field and/or laboratory data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Typically 2 - 5 years of related work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree desirable.
- Experience with desktop and industry-specific software (e.g., MSOffice, AutoCAD, ArcGIS) desired.
- Hands on knowledge on the use of field equipment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly with on-site contractors, supervisor or project manager regarding work assignments required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS-PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive large pick-up truck; ability to drive a trailer helpful.
- Ability to use hands to operate field equipment.
- Close, distance, and peripheral vision; normal auditory function.
- Must complete employment physical demonstrating ability to meet job requirements, including the ability to wear a respirator, as required.
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATON REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Must pass 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training and annual refresher course, if required.
- Professional certification/registration desirable (e.g. GIT).
- Expected to pursue certification/registration in related area, if available.
MACHINES, TOOLS AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED:
- Field tools and equipment.
- Pickup truck and/or other motor vehicle(s); some locations require individual to have their own vehicle.
- Office equipment such as photocopy machine and fax machine.
- Personal computer and desk top software (e.g., MSOffice).
- Requires work at remote sites around construction equipment, drilling rigs, explosives and environmental contamination.
- Overtime and overnight stays required.
- Some fieldwork may require working with hazardous materials and in hazardous conditions.
- May be subject to periods of extreme heat and cold and other environmental conditions such as wind as humidity
- Will be required to follow all applicable health and safety procedures associated with work environment.
- May travel frequently to project sites, including sites remote from the office, as part of on-site team.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.