Skills: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rensselaer, New York, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is hiring Junior Engineers to join our Life Sciences group to support various projects in the North Atlantic Region. We are looking for recent graduates to learn from our team of industry-leading experts, facility design/regulatory specialists, and project managers.
Selected candidates will gain an understanding of CQV (commissioning/qualification/validation) through rotational field assignments, with the goal of providing you the foundation to grow your engineering career.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Pharma Bio, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing engineering, design, and CQV services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients worldwide. For projects of every scale, we provide services that support a facility's entire life cycle to bring life-saving therapeutics from concept through fruition. We assist our clients in bringing life-changing and life-saving therapies to market.
Responsibilities / Opportunities to gain experience in:
- Determining project regulatory requirements
- Working with process engineers and clients in developing user requirement specifications to document client process and regulatory requirements
- Developing test scripts and protocols to verify systems achieve user requirements
- Verifying field mechanical completion and piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Start up of installed systems and field execution of protocols to qualify and validation system suitability
- Working with clients in maintaining systems in a validated state
- Effectively interfacing and communicating with both internal and external customers.
- Project scheduling
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering (mechanical/chemical preferred)
- Willingness for 100% travel and work on active construction sites
- Strong computer skills
- Strong and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work safely and keep the safety of those around in mind
- Ability to recognize hazards and communicate these to the appropriate individuals
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.