Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for a Dispatcher with preferably offshore and aviation dispatch experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 7x7 with a work terminal in Lake Charles, LA
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Ability to communicate with employees, customers, and managers while demonstrating teamwork on site.
Job Specification: (including geographic spread, direct reports etc)
- Dispatchers are often required to monitor aviation traffic conditions and let flights know the safest route to take.
- Recognizes that they are the "first call". Customer service importance
- Answer phone calls pertaining to business.
- Gathers all the information needed for jobs (Customer name, address, phone number, contact name, etc.)
- Communicate customer information to accounting department in a timely fashion.
- Able to relay information on employees and equipment to other departments and employees.
- Set up work orders within the facility to facilitate the start of jobs and relay this information to employees to do the work.
- Approve invoices as necessary.
- Complete fuel and mileage forms and sending monthly reports to Corporate Office.
- Verify accuracy of logs and mail to Corporate Office.
- Plan out routes and communicate routes.
- Help line up permits and all paperwork needed for job.
- Willing to work weekends when needed.
- Responsible for: (including supervisory/managerial duties, health & safety responsibilities)
Skills / Qualifications
High school diploma or GED required; 2 years dispatching experience preferably offshore; looking for someone with aviation dispatching experience preferred.
The Dispatcher is responsible for gathering information, logging calls and coordinating flights and crews to send them to appropriate jobs when requests are called in.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.