Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support, Student / Recent Grad, CAD / CAM
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
At Jacobs our Apprenticeships provide an exciting opportunity to 'earn whilst you learn', combining practical training in a full-time job with a qualification designed for the industry.
To find out more what it is like to be an apprentice working at Jacobs, click here:
We currently have an opportunity for a Digital Delivery Apprentice. The successful individual will work towards achieving a Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification.
About the role:
At Jacobs, we're t ransforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today.
You will have the opportunity to learn and apply how Jacobs undertakes deployment and implementation of Engineering design and Information Management systems to support Jacobs' design processes and project teams. The chance to challenge today and move around the digital delivery team to support Project Technology Coordinators, Project Information Manages, Document Controllers and Digital Points of Contacts on the day to day running of our projects, programmes, frameworks, and portfolios. Will have opportunities to work with the Digital Disruption and Technical teams looking towards reinventing tomorrow by supporting in the future development and implementation of technologies and processes that promotes best practice, to bring efficiencies and value to projects, clients and the business.
Working as a Transportation Digital Delivery Apprentice providing technical support to design teams who design, build, and manage design and construction projects.
Key responsibilities could involve:
- Assistance in production of CAD drawings and developing design skills.
- Preparation of simple calculations to support design development.
- Supporting the administration & delivery of projects.
- Ensuring design outputs meet the required standards.
- Meeting agreed deadlines.
- Working as an integral member of a design delivery team
- Contributing to providing solutions to challenging problems.
- Working both in an office environment and on site.
This apprenticeship is suitable for someone looking for a career in Digital Delivery.
There is the opportunity to go onto further study to enable you to be qualified to degree level and achieve the Chartered status.
- Minimum 5 passes at GCSE with at preferred Grade '6/B' or higher in Mathematics, preferred Grade '5/C' or higher in English and a preferred Grade '6/B' or higher in a Science/Technology related subject (i.e. Physics/ Chemistry/ICT etc.)
- A proactive approach to health and safety and wellbeing.
- Excellent communication and personal skills.
- Knowledge of infrastructure engineering design, systems, and technology.
- Presentation/demonstration skills.
- Confident communications skills both spoken and verbal.
- Confident IT skills, Experience of using software packages such as Autodesk.
- Strong numeracy skills, competent at Maths and Physics.
- Problem solving, attention to detail and a desire to come up with practical solutions.
- Creative and Practical.
- Adaptable and Persevering.
- Interested in using computers for design work, automation.
- Ability to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organize projects.
- Work well with other people in a team.
- Ability to organize the work of others.
- Present information in speech, drawings, and reports.
- An understanding of Digital Delivery and BIM.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.