Clark, New Jersey, United States
Clark, New Jersey, United States
Skills: Civil Construction
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Clark, New Jersey, United States
Take your career to the next level withJacobs,with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our New Jersey Transportation team is searching for a motivated and experienced Roadway Design Lead who can utilize their excellent technical and design management skills to deliver highways-related infrastructure projects. This opportunity is your chance to work on multi-disciplined transportation projects that focus on highway, roadway, and interchange projects. You'll be a Roadway Design Lead on large transportation projects throughout the New Jersey geographic region and perform preliminary and final design engineering and prepare contract documentation including plans, specifications, and estimates to satisfy the requirements for local and State roadway projects for our New Jersey transportation top clients such as the NJDOT, NJ Turnpike Authority and local county and city governments.
We'd look to you to provide technical leadership on all aspects of highway design projects including constructability reviews and traffic control. You'd perform work with the preparation of roadway design using local (State, County or City) or AASHTO standards at both conceptual, preliminary and final design levels. Other client deliverables would include schedules, narratives, and preparation of final bid packages.
You'd grow professionally with the opportunity to coordinate with all complimentary disciplines (roadway, drainage, structural, traffic, public involvement and environmental), technical preparation of roadway and planning design tasks, perform plan quality reviews, participate in value engineering studies. You will be expected to meet with the client lead as the Jacobs' project engineering lead to discuss technical aspects of the project with the client's Subject Matter Experts.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
• Engineering degree in Civil Engineering.
• License as a Professional Engineer in New Jersey
• Substantial professional project experience associated with the highway market sector and with large transportation infrastructure projects and programs.
• Proficiency and prior experience of using MicroStation, OpenRoads, InRoads and Civil 3D in the development of highway geometry, including horizontal and vertical alignments, 3D surface modeling, and plan generation.
• Proven track record of roadway design experience with NJDOT, NJTA, and other agencies in the New Jersey region. Expert knowledge of NJDOTdesign standards and design criteria is required.
• Experience in transportation design work with an emphasis on roadway/highway and geometrics final design and/or Maintenance of Traffic and Traffic Control final design.
• Strong technical design background in highway design, traffic engineering, and highway drainage, as well as expertise with AASHTO, FHWA and MUTCD standards.
Ideally,you'll also have:
• Working knowledge of ProjectWise.