United States of America - Louisiana, Baton RougeJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a Disaster Recovery Program Manager to be based in any of the following locations: Baton Rouge, LA; Houston, TX; or Sacramento, CA.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
o Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
o #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
o VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
o Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019About DCSA-Water
With more than 3,200 Water professionals in all major markets throughout the United States and Canada, AECOM's Water business line leverages nearly a century of local, national and international project experience to provide today's municipalities, industries and governments with cost-effective solutions to their Water challenges. We deliver our services-from environmental planning studies to detailed design, construction management, and operations and maintenance-to a wide range of public and private sector clients. Our public sector work encompasses everything from small rural communities, to large urban centers, to agencies with regional responsibilities. Our private sector work includes assignments for multiple commercial/industrial sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, power, food and beverage, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. https://aecom.com/markets/water/
The Program Manager will oversee the implementation of Disaster Recovery Projects. Duties will include oversight of managers and distribution of resources within the project. The Program Manager should maintain a complete understanding of all applicable federal policies and requirements.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage major project efforts, requiring complex coordination across multiple systems and processes.
- Oversee the implementation and operations of the project, which may include oversight and distribution of resources within the specific functional area.
- Develop strategies, prepare proposals, negotiate contracts, and execute disaster recovery projects.
- Monitor and understand the financial performance of the project.
- Utilize time management skills to create high-level strategies that aid staff in managing time, productivity, and effectiveness.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in regards to operational decisions.
- Develop project plans by creating project goals, budget, and deliverables. Identify project tasks, workflows, and resource requirements.
- Coordinate program policy updates with client and project staff.
- Establish and update standard operating procedures.
- Monitor and report on progress of assigned projects and tasks.
- Track and project deliverables using appropriate tools and provide reporting.
- Provide support and direction to project team.
- Oversee and coordinate with the project team on tasks to ensure schedule and budget are maintained.
- Provide training and technical support to project staff.
- Provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree + 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) housing or Federal Emergency Management Assistance (FEMA), or Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) experience at the federal, state, or local level and/or private sector.
- A working knowledge of regulatory and statutory compliance.
- 5+ years managing programs or projects or functional area coordination.
- Ability to develop Program schedules and budgets and understand and monitor financial health of the Program.
- Ability to coordinate with internal and external stakeholders of the organization to share information, make decisions, and/or implement effective solutions to problems or complaints.
- Ability to analyze, understand, and apply complex and/or technical materials such as directives, regulations, policies, Code of Federal Regulations, etc.
- Advanced time management skills which utilize high-level strategies that aid staff in managing time, productivity, and effectiveness.
What We Offer
- Sponsorship is not offered for this role.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Program and Project ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy Freeway, US - Sacramento, CA - 2020 L StVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.