United States of America - Louisiana, Baton RougeJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a Disaster Recovery Specialist to be based in Baton, Rouge, Louisiana, Houston, Texas or Denver, Colorado.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
- With more than 3,200 Water professionals in all major markets throughout the United States and Canada, AECOM's Water business line leverages nearly a century of local, national and international project experience to provide today's municipalities, industries and governments with cost-effective solutions to their Water challenges. We deliver our services-from environmental planning studies to detailed design, construction management, and operations and maintenance-to a wide range of public and private sector clients. Our public sector work encompasses everything from small rural communities, to large urban centers, to agencies with regional responsibilities. Our private sector work includes assignments for multiple commercial/industrial sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, power, food and beverage, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. https://aecom.com/markets/water/
The Disaster Recovery Specialist will assist with the implementation of Disaster Recovery Programs. The Disaster Recovery Specialist should maintain a complete understanding of all applicable Program policies and requirements.
The Disaster Recovery Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with the implementation of the construction elements of a federally funded housing program, which may include oversight and distribution of resources within the specific functional area;
- Assist with the implementation of pre-construction, including but not limited to: inspections, damage assessments, review of residential construction plan sets and specifications, review of construction bid packages for accuracy and completeness, and any other construction documents required by the Program.
- Develop scopes of work and cost information/estimates for repair or replacement of disaster-related residential property damage
- Assist in the oversight of general contractors during disaster recovery residential repairs/construction. Maintain a complete understanding of Program construction standards, including local building codes and regulations.
- Monitor construction timelines, deadlines, and performance measures; prioritize work to meet Program and project goals
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS + 2 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Experience in administering grant funding and implementation at the federal, state or local levels of government
- Specific knowledge of HUD and CDBG requirements and policies, including but not limited to Section 504, fair housing, and the Stafford Act
What We Offer
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university; relevant advanced degrees and/or certifications are preferred
- Experience with CDBG residential construction programs
- Advanced level Microsoft Office skills; ability to import, create formulas, pivot tables, export data and run reports in Microsoft Excel; ability to quickly learn new software applications
- 5+ years of professional level experience in CDBG or FEMA programs, hazard mitigation, housing, community development, or related fields
- Must possess flexibility to respond to and manage different tasks, often with competing priorities
- Advanced time management skills which utilize high-level strategies that aid staff in managing time, productivity, and effectiveness
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Program and Project ManagementBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Denver , CO 80237 Technology Way 7595, US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy FreewayVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.