Indiantown, Florida, United States
Indiantown, Florida, United States
Skills: Maintenance Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Indiantown, Florida, United States
Position Specific Description
This Outage Manager role has the flexibility to be located within any of the FPL Power Plants in Florida and will travel to support our fleet outages. Thebase plant will be determined based on the candidate selected.
- Ensures projects schedules are developed and accurately maintained.
- Performs all cost accounting activities including variance analysis, standard cost development, activity- based costing and inventory control.
- Ensures all activities of the team are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley compliant.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Previous experience with combine cycle power plants preferred.
- MBA and an Engineering degree is highly preferred.
Apply now to make a difference!
Leaders in this position have overall management accountability for the team of maintenance specialists, technicians, engineers, and contractors involved in major maintenance activities. This position manages internal and external resources to Deliver Certainty in all disciplines of major maintenance activities to achieve objectives for: safety, environmental, quality, schedule, and cost compliance.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Focuses on streamlining activities through the use of lean maintenance techniques and standardized processes and procedures
• Assumes overall accountability for internal employee development and performance management
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 5+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance/Construction
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Indiantown, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Port Saint Lucie