Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Logistics Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Esbjerg, Denmark
For our Procurement, Materials and Logistics team in Esbjerg, Denmark we are currently looking for a dynamic and technically logistic specialist:
for a temp period for 6 months with possible extension
Tasks and responsibilities:
This role, reporting to the North West Europe Logistics Supervisor, will coordinate national and international shipments for all Product Service Lines in compliance with company policies, procedures and local laws.
- Organising all aspects of shipping by Sea, Air, Rail & Road within Europe and to/from international locations.
- Work in conjunction & communicate with logistics providers to arrange collections and shipments of international orders.
- Create TCO (total cost of ownership) models for moving goods from source to final destination
- Preparation & distribution of shipping documentation specific to each shipment.
- Communicates regularly and pro-actively with customers regarding status of shipments.
- Assists with preparation of documentation for offshore movements
- Controls customs formalities in collaboration with broker
- Completion of SAP processes
Profile (education & experience):
- Freight Forwarding or Shipping degree related to logistics or supply chain management
- Previous experience working within a Freight Forwarding or Logistics environment for at least 3 years.
- Good understanding about customs procedures and requirements
- Good organisation skills and ability to work within set deadline
- Good Communication and interpretation skills
- Possess a high degree of comfort with using systems to manage processes and the ability to bring flexible alternatives to bear within the methods of the system in an economically sensible manner
- Knowledge of local customs regulations & requirements, shipping of hazardous material and international shipping required (ADR/IATA / IMDG)
- Ability to deal with multiple issues and to make decisions on the understanding of the total supply chain process.
- Experience of SAP preferred
- No "9 to 5" mentality and travel abroad may be required from time to time
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to do national and international logistics and moving goods around the world to the highest standards of trade compliance and using multiple modes.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Storstromsvej 6, Esbjerg N, , 6715, Denmark
Requisition Number: 91982
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.