Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Salary: US$110000 - US$170000 per annum
Location: Humble, Texas, United States
Intially remote, will ultimately be onsite North of Houston.
This is a Cloud Administrator position and therefore cloud experience is a must. You will work as part of a team taking customer requests and working with them to build their required environment in the AWS or Azure cloud.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
* Familiarity with Azure, AWS and Oracle clouds.
* Familiarity with devops practices in general.
* In addition, general knowledge in the following areas:
o Azure networking: VNET / Subnet / Routing / Peering
o Azure IAM: Role definition / deployment / assignment
o AWS networking: VPC / route tables / Transit Gateway / Peering
o AWS IAM: Roles / Policy usage / definition / deployment
o Experience using and troubleshooting Power shell, Terraform, ARM templates
* Strong troubleshooting skillset working in both AWS and Azure is a must.
* Applies change management processes to install and maintain the company's infrastructure systems by installing, tuning, and patching operating system and application software under established guidelines.
* Assesses and resolves escalated server, storage, backup and/or network issues using the Incident Management Ticket process and utilizing appropriate vendor and company resources as necessary.
* Consults with the Enterprise Architecture team on a continuing basis to ensure technical architectural standards meet operational needs in their area of responsibility.
* Performs own work and provides assistance to others as directed.
* Minimum of 5 years systems and Cloud administration experience in a corporate Information Technology (IT) environment required.
* Advanced multiple platform training recommended
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.