Skills: Safety Officer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Decatur, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Safety Technician-Onshore with a fast-proven record of accomplishments to support operations in Decatur, TX for a contract assignment. T he Contract Health and Safety Professional provides routine technical Health and Safety support to project areas. Under general supervision, the candidate will ensure compliance with applicable standards, laws, and regulations. This is field based position.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Promote and demonstrate Leadership attributes
- Provide Health and Safety guidance and recommendations to Operations to comply with EHS regulatory requirements and Company EHS standards
- Develop, gather, and maintain Health and Safety data for routine reports and regulatory documents
- Participate and lead incident investigations, Health and Safety Reviews and training sessions
- Assist field personnel with ensuring contractor compliance with EHS Standards
- Assist in auditing contractor EHS performance, policies, and standards
- Expectations to be in the field 80% with the operations teams
- Ability to address and manage conflict
- Oil and Gas Industry Experience Required
- Always practice safe work habits
- Demonstrate commitment to Safety Standards
- Advanced level computer skills
- Able to travel as required
Skills / Qualifications
Bachelor's degree or relevant industry related EHS field experience
Requires a minimum of 5 years of industry related EHS industry experience. Prefer previous experience with completions and workovers.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.