Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Environmental Technician to support our Construction & Remediation Operation near Port Hope, Ontario . The ideal candidate will have proven experience and familiarity with Transportation of Dangerous Goods regulations and processes.
This is a highly visible role, with a long-term client, and a large project scope. Wood's Resilient Environments business has a long and successful history of delivering innovative solutions, and they have a solid reputation in industry. There are growth and development opportunities within the organization for the right candidate.
- Knowledge of Transportation of Dangerous Goods regulations and processes
- Experience will TDG Class 7 materials considered an asset
- Interpretation of Regulations (O.Reg, TDG, IAEA etc.) and their application in environmental projects
- Administration of waste management and waste transport
- Experience working in the nuclear or remediation based sector considered an asset
- Professionally represents Wood to clients, subcontracts, suppliers, and other internal groups.
- Other duties as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, engineering or related fields preferred.
- College diploma / certificate in environmental science acceptable with the right skillset.
- 4 to 7 years' experience working with integrated project plans and detailed technical requirements
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize evolving project requirements for multiple ongoing projects
- Able to work in a high pressure environment with tight delivery deadlines
- Demonstrated technical writing and critical thinking skills
- Proven communication skills
- Team oriented
- Detail oriented
- Experience working with MS Word, Excel, and all programs under MS Office.
- Familiar with ISO 9001 and QMS related processes
- Skilled in data and records management
- Eligible for Reliance status security clearance (more than 3 yrs working experience in Canada)
- Valid G Class license
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.